Summer 2012
This has turned out to be a fairly busy summer. First we started out with a crazy road trip to Pittsburgh, PA and back. The weekend we got home was the Olympic Swim Trials so of course we went to some of that, and during all of this the Welsh Family has been in Nebraska and spent some time with us at our house. If you want to see visually what all we've been up to, click on the pictures below for more photos!!!
Our road trip was just 7 nights (8 days) and we went a total of 2,165 miles. We went from Omaha, NE to Princeton, IL after work on day 1. Day 2 we got to Pittsburgh, PA. We ended up hanging out in Pittsburgh for a few days visiting family! Day 5 we started driving again - we left after lunch and got to Cleveland, OH where we spent the night. Had a lovely dinner at Lola Bistro (a Michael Symon Restaurnt) and it was delicious! Day 6, took us to the Columbus (Ohio) Zoo, and then to Indianapolis, IN for the night. We didn't spend any time in Indianapolis but boogied straight to St. Louis . We conqured the Arch, had lunch and then continued on to Independenc, MO for the night - end Day 7. Day 8, Lou wasn't feeling very well, so instead of hanging out in Kansas City for the day, we drove home...WOW. I'm tired just remembering everything we did. We had a good time together in the car, Lou driving most of the trip - me going through the two bags of magazines I brought with me. You all will be impressed, I did indeed get through one full bag! I don't think Lou thought I'd get that much accomplished, but every time we stopped for gas or food, I would trash the mags I was finished with!!!
Road Trip 2012
Our road trip was just 7 nights (8 days) and we went a total of 2,165 miles. We went from Omaha, NE to Princeton, IL after work on day 1. Day 2 we got to Pittsburgh, PA. We ended up hanging out in Pittsburgh for a few days visiting family! Day 5 we started driving again - we left after lunch and got to Cleveland, OH where we spent the night. Had a lovely dinner at Lola Bistro (a Michael Symon Restaurnt) and it was delicious! Day 6, took us to the Columbus (Ohio) Zoo, and then to Indianapolis, IN for the night. We didn't spend any time in Indianapolis but boogied straight to St. Louis . We conqured the Arch, had lunch and then continued on to Independenc, MO for the night - end Day 7. Day 8, Lou wasn't feeling very well, so instead of hanging out in Kansas City for the day, we drove home...WOW. I'm tired just remembering everything we did. We had a good time together in the car, Lou driving most of the trip - me going through the two bags of magazines I brought with me. You all will be impressed, I did indeed get through one full bag! I don't think Lou thought I'd get that much accomplished, but every time we stopped for gas or food, I would trash the mags I was finished with!!!
Comments
Love and prayers for always and in all ways