Accident Prone
So this week has been all about me falling...Saturday I stumbled down the last three steps into our hallway and have sprained the left side of my back. Thankfully that's feeling MUCH better now - after a couple trips to our wonderful chiropractor, ice, stretches and Alieve!
Then Tuesday night the real doozey! I tripped on a raised slab in our driveway and landed on my right side directly on my glasses which penetrate my face. I got up from the driveway, picked up the pieces of my glasses and went into the house. I'm a bit bummed that I didn't think to take a photo of my glasses before getting them temporarily fixed. I walked in the house, looked at my face and called mom immediately - I told her "I need you to come over and take me to the eye doctor." click! Unfortunately my eye doctor was closed. Unfortunately L has been out of town this week and wasn't home to help me out. That's okay - my mom was here and more than willing to do anything for me!
So mom gets to the house, and we head to the mall. There we find a LenseCrafters and they were wonderful! Took my glasses and got them fixed - well fixed temporarily...I still need to get into my regular doctor. Anyhow there are two eye care places in the mall and neither one had a doctor in when we got there...DARN. So we head across the parking lot to the emergency center! Below you will see some photos mom helped me take some photos to remember this eventful night...
Then Tuesday night the real doozey! I tripped on a raised slab in our driveway and landed on my right side directly on my glasses which penetrate my face. I got up from the driveway, picked up the pieces of my glasses and went into the house. I'm a bit bummed that I didn't think to take a photo of my glasses before getting them temporarily fixed. I walked in the house, looked at my face and called mom immediately - I told her "I need you to come over and take me to the eye doctor." click! Unfortunately my eye doctor was closed. Unfortunately L has been out of town this week and wasn't home to help me out. That's okay - my mom was here and more than willing to do anything for me!
So mom gets to the house, and we head to the mall. There we find a LenseCrafters and they were wonderful! Took my glasses and got them fixed - well fixed temporarily...I still need to get into my regular doctor. Anyhow there are two eye care places in the mall and neither one had a doctor in when we got there...DARN. So we head across the parking lot to the emergency center! Below you will see some photos mom helped me take some photos to remember this eventful night...
![]() |
| Waiting at the ER...wondering what the doc is going to say... |
![]() |
| Another photo while waiting at the ER...sorry for it being on its side...couldn't get it to rotate! |
![]() |
| Here I am Wednesday AM...Looking better. |
![]() |
| Here's another photo i just took...this one without the flash - makes me look a lot better! |
So all of this took place from the initial fall at 6:00/6:15ish pm to 10:30pm...Fun times.
Today - my eye looks a lot better, still a bit swollen, but i think it looks a lot better. My arm (which I also bruised) is still a bit tender and my knee is really the only thing that turned black and blue...it too is a bit swollen. Oh well right?! I'm okay that's the main thing...like mom and I and L and I talked it could have been soooo much worse!







Comments