Summer Happenings!!

Wow, I can't believe it's already nearing the end of July...Surpirsingly we have been busy this summer. Here are some photos to go along with the random things we've done so far!

We attempted to attend a College World Series game, but of course with the way our summer has been going we got rained on. Good thing I remembered our Zoo pass. So we were able to sneak into some of the inside exhibits and enjoy the dry indoors - and see some wonderful animals and insects. Here we went into the new Butterfly Pavillion. They really are pretty!




Giggles and Bean came to visit Grammy one weekend and fortunately I didn't have to work and didn't have anything else planned so I got to play with the girls also. First we went to the Children's Museum - Clifford was in for a visit too. The girls had a lot of fun playing around "upstairs".







After playing with Clifford we went back to my house and had a little fun in the "shade" and water...it was so stinkin' hot outside, so having the pool under the tree was great. I think everyone had fun - even Grammy and Bubba!





So the girls thought it would be nice to "clean" my patio furniture...
Kerry, I think you need to invest in some paper towels, they had a blast!

Giggles giving me a massage...it was nice!!!!

Bean gotta a boo-boo on her knee :-(



Happy 4th of July...Wow, hard to believe we are celebrating Independence Day already. Friday night we went to a friends house for a BBQ. From there we could hear the music in Memorial Park and once it was dark, we ventured to two blocks to the park to see the fireworks!


Lou's family came over for some burgers Sunday, of course it was raining so here's Lou getting the grill ready - in the rain!!


MJ - this guy is for you. We have SO many in our yard it's crazy.
They are eating all my plants. Do you want to take him and all his brothers/sisters home?!




Sunday night, our neighborhood lit up...we went across the street to watch some fireworks.

Some of the girls on the street...they were having so much fun lighting the fireworks.




 As has been common with our weather this year...we've had some crazy rains. Mom and I were out running some errands one night and a major storm rolled through. Here's what was left after the storm!

Double rainbow over Walmart!

Clouds from the top of my mom's street!

Same rainbow that was at Walmart over my mom's house!







First Jazz on the Green that we made it to...Mom, Lou and I met up with some friends and of course, it rained! Here's the rainbow that was left after the rain cleared.

Comments

ccarring said…
And a good time was had by all :-)

Great pixs, thanks for sharing :-)
Kerry said…
Now listen up ladies...that Dora "dress" that Liv was wearing -not even hers - she better of had shorts on underneath that?! And why in the world does she not have her straps on with her swimsuit?
Cassie and Lou said…
Kerry - 1...I did not get her dressed that day. Talk to our mom! 2...she wanted to go inside and was starting to strip down in my yard, I don't recall how, but we got her distracted and she just left her swimsuit like that!

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List - 40 by 40

40x40 Bucket List Update