Good Bye - Hello

Alright...I started this post two days ago, but have been VERY busy at work and can't seem to finish. Let's see if I can get this done now...
Good-Bye Birch Ave... :-(



April 27, 2010:
Wow...I can't believe that today is my last "real" day owning the house I built over in Spring Hill. The new buyer closes and takes posession tomorrow.

L and I had our final walk through with the new house yesterday afternoon. Everything looks good, they got the basement issues taken care of and the sump pit/pump moved to a better more out of the way location!!!

After the walk through, mom and I went over to the old house to say one last final good-bye. It's really sad and happy and sad and exciting all at the same time. This was my first house. 99% of what was done to this house, I DID!! And now I'm leaving it. I know this is a good thing, as it means L and I can move on with OUR life as a couple and start the next chapter of our life. But I'm still really sad. It's hard to walk away from something you did all on your own, that was (as corney as it sounds) my baby! I just hope the new owner will find as much happiness in the house as I have. I also hope that she will take care of the house!!

April 28, 2010:
Well...it is no longer my house anymore. Hard to believe that after four great years, that's not MY house anymore. I do have to say, and I've said it before...I think it was a blessing in disguise that I was as busy at work as I was. I didn't really have the "time" to think about what was going on during the day.

April 29, 2010:
Well, first and foremost - today is my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! Today L and I also close on our new house! What a crazy day. Closing was at 4:00pm, so we were technically "homeless" for 29 hours! Thought most of that time I was working, so I didn't really think about it. We were finished signing all the papers in about 45-60 minutes. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. We have the keys!!! After closing we went out for some drinks with our real estate agent, then L and I went out for dinner for my birthday. Eventually we did make it over to the new house! It was kinda fun walking into OUR house together! When I find my cables for the camera, I'll post more pictures - I took one of L unlocking his very frist house!!!!

Hello Western Ave

Okay...that's it for now. I have to get some other things accomplished but be on the look out for pictures of us cleaning and paining away!!!!

Comments

ccarring said…
So did Lou carry you over the threshold of the new house you purchased together to make it the DiMauro home????

Congratulations!!
Jenny and Kevin said…
Whooohoooo!! Conrats!
Claire said…
Your new home looks awesome! Look forward to seeing pics of it with your touches to it!

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List - 40 by 40

40x40 Bucket List Update