Jeff Dunham & Garth Brooks
JEFF DUNHAM
Let's see...last Thursday (11/8/07), I took Lou out for a surprise date. About a month or so ago, I won tickets to see Jeff Dunham (the
comedian). He had no idea what we were doing or anything until about an hour before the show. I'm so glad I was able to pull off the surprise. I know he just loved it and had a fabulous time...actually we both did. Outside of Carlos Mencia two weeks prior, I don't think we've laughed so hard! If you've never had a chance to see this guy in person or on Comedy Central...check him out. He's a ventriloquist and has several characters...Walter - a grumpy old man, Achmed - the dead terrorist, Melvin - the crazy red-neck, Peanut - not really sure what Peanut is..., and Jose Jalapeno - the Jalapeno on a stick!GARTH BROOKS
Well finally around 9:00 Garth took the stage! He played until 10:45ish I think...Played some great songs that included: The Fever, Rodeo, Good Ride Cowboy, Shameless, The Thunder Rolls, We Shall Be Free, Unanswered Prayers, The River, Papa Loved Mama, Beaches of Cheyenne, Much Too Young (To Feel This Damned Old), Callin' Baton Rouge, More Than a Memory, Friends In Low Places, The Dance and Ain't Goin' Down (Till the Sun Comes Up).
Honestly, mom and I couldn't tell who was louder...the band and Garth or the crowd?! WOW...the energy and excitement in the arena was outstanding. At one point Garth even seemed to loose it and started to tear up. It's great to see an artist that is that in love with what they do and the crowd/fans that it brings them to tears! I'm so glad I was able to go. I don't even know if I can begin to compare it to 8 years ago when he was in Lincoln.
Around 2:30 am...Mom and I finally got back to my house and fell into a quick deep sleep until the alarm went off at 6:30am to let us know it's time to start our Tuesday and that we needed to get ready for work!
Welcome back to country music Garth!

Comments